Aug 14, 2008

3 Hr Refrigerator Pickles

We are being over-run with Cucumbers this year.

[ 2 plants have yield 35 and counting very nice cukes!!!]

This recipe created some very tasty pickles.

Three Hour Pickles

6 lbs cuccumbers
4 onions
4 cups sugar
4 cups white vinegar [ I used apple vingear, because thats what I had]
1/2 cup salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon mustard
[ I used pickling spices from my sister Sue] worked great!!

Slice the cukes 1/4 "
Slice onions thin 1/8".
combine and stir- all ingredients and pour over veggies in non-metallic container.
store in glass jars.
Ready in 3 hrs.
Whole process took about an hour to throw together.
Well worth the effort!
Store for up to 3 months in Frig.
I bet they don't last that long.
Great snacking while watching the Red Sox and a Cold Beer.

No comments: